Family is very important to me. I love my family and want all my family to have God’s best in their lives. Even in my ministry as a pastor, I spend much of my time dealing with family issues in my congregation. Several sermons and sermon series are devoted to helping families enjoy God’s blessings.
A few years ago I began a sermon series between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day that I called “The Family Game.” Since both those holidays are big family days, I thought it would be of great interest. It was. I continued to preach this series for several years, introducing new games each year.
I got the idea for “The Family Game” from Max Kennedy. Several of the sermons were adaptations from a sermon series he did and shared with other pastors. We used board games and other activities that families play together to illustrate different aspects of family life. For example, the game ‘Charades’ can illustrate the need in families to communicate. Since James 1:19 teaches the value of communication, I used this verse to help families communicate.
“Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:” (James 1:19)
I am in the process of finishing up the draft for a new book with the same title, “The Family Game”. I have used some of my favorite games to be some of the chapters in the book. The games/chapters include: The Game of Life, Barrel of Monkeys (children), Chutes and Ladders (parenting), Battleship (fighting), Charades (communication), Sorry (forgiveness), and Monopoly (finances). My goal is to have this new book published and available by Mother’s Day 2022.
I would love for you to help me by doing one of two activities:
- Read a pre-copy of my book (pdf) and send me some constructive criticism before the book becomes public (emphasis on constructive). It is amazing to me that no matter how many times I read through my manuscript, I find errors and improvements. I hope you can catch those I miss. Please see my link below and email me at email@example.com.
- Become part of my Launch Team. The Launch Team is a group of my friends who are willing to roll up their sleeves and help me get the word out about my new book. I would love to have you part of the team. I am hoping to have it published by Mother’s Day.
TEAM MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
As a member of “The Family Game” Launch Team you simply:
- Read an “advance copy” of the book and write a review on Amazon.com, soon after the official book publish date [estimate April 2022]
- Help spread the word about the book in any way you can to your existing contacts and beyond.
- Get creative – brainstorm and share ideas for additional ways that you might further expose the book to an even greater audience. All ideas are welcome!
TEAM MEMBER BENEFITS
As a member of “The Family Game” Launch Team you will get:
- A FREE electronic “advance copy” of the full book.
- Exclusive access to myself and other team members in a private Facebook group.
- A special THANK YOU in the book itself.
- Your first order of the published book is at my cost. Order as many as you want. I’m estimating that the book will sell for $10 on Amazon. You can purchase from me for $5.
Please email me if you would like to be part of the Launch Team. I am only receiving members to this team through March 30, 2022. I know that’s short notice, but it’s a small book. If you would like to read the full book and tell me what you think, you can download a pdf copy below. Even if you are not able to help me with the Launch Team, please download and read “The Family Game”. My hope is that it will help your family and help you better live in God’s family.
PDF LINK: The Family Game PDF