I have put together a list of people to give you an opportunity to petition God on behalf of our leaders and those who are in authority over us, as we are instructed to do in 1 Timothy 2:1-2. As you humbly come before the Lord and seek His face, please pray that these men and women will be granted divine wisdom, guidance, and strength to fulfill their important roles. Pray that they do God’s will, that God’s will is done unto them, and that God would bless them.
I have included our national leaders and leaders that represent my church, Faith Baptist. You will find leaders in the state of Michigan, Lenawee county, as well as the city of Adrian and Adrian township. Please pray for your local leaders.
Pray for Federal Leaders
- President: Donald Trump
- Vice President: Mike Pence
- Secretary of State: Rex Tillerson
- Secretary of Defense: James Mattis
- Secretary of the Treasury: Steven Mnuchin
- Attorney General: Jeff Session
- National Security Advisor: H.R. McMaster
- Director of National Intelligence: Daniel Coat
- Secretary of the Interior: Ryan Zinke
- Secretary of Agriculture: Sonny Perdue
- Secretary of Commerce: Wilbur Ross, Jr
- Secretary of Labor: Alexander Acosta
- Secretary of Transportation: Elaine Chao
- Secretary of Energy: Richard Perry
- Secretary of Education: Elisabeth DeVos
- Secretary of Veterans Affairs: David Shulkin
- Secretary of Health & Human Services: Thomas Price
- Secretary of Housing & Urban Development: Ben Carson
- Secretary of Homeland Security: John Kelly
- Supreme Court Justices: Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr, Anthony M. Kennedy, Clarence Thomas, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen G. Breyer, Samuel A. Alito, Sonia M. Sotomayor, Elena Kagan, Neil Gorsuch
- United States Ambassador to the United Nations: Nikki Haley
- All Branches of the Armed Forces (any military you know)
Pray for State Leaders
- U.S. Senator: Gary Peters
- U.S. Senator: Debbie Stabenow
- U.S. Representative: Tim Walberg
- Governor: Rick Snyder; Lt. Governor: Brian Calley
- State Senator: Dale Zorn; State Representative: Nancy Jenkins
- State Police: Kriste Kibbey Etue
- State Supreme Court Justices: Chief Justice Stephen J. Markman, Brian Zahra, Bridget Mary McCormack, David Viviano, Richard Bernstein, Joan Larsen
Pray for Local Leaders
- Lenawee County Commissioner David Stimson
- Sheriff Jack Welsh
- Court Officials & City Officials
- Adrian City Council – Allen Heldt, Andrew Munson, Jeff Rising, John Dudas, Lad Strayer, Thomas Faulhaber
- Judges: Margaret Noe, Anna Marie Anzalone, Greg Iddings Laura Schaedler, Jonathan Poer
- Mayor: Adrian – Jim Berryman, Adrian Township Supervisor: Jim Koehn
- Police Department: Adrian – Vince Emrick, Adrian Township – Gary Hanselman
- Fire Department: Adrian/Adrian Township – Tim Bartenslager
- School Authorities (public & private): Adrian – Bob Behnke, Berean – Kevin Chase, LCS – Tom Durbin, LISD – Mark Haag, Adrian College – Jeffrey R. Docking, Siena Heights – Peg Albert
We need to pray because the Bible commands us to (Matthew 6:5; Romans 12:12; 1 Thess 5:17). Prayer is how we communicate with God and participate in His works. It grants us the privilege of experiencing God, keeps us humble before Him, strengthens the bonds between believers and can succeed where other means have failed.
God answers the prayers of His people, and in 2 Chronicles 7:14, He specifically emphasizes the importance of praying for our nation. Ask the Lord to bring about spiritual renewal across America. Pray that people will turn to Him and seek His will for our land.
The Bible instructs us to pray for “all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness” (1 Timothy 2:2). Pray that our leaders will seek God and endeavor to serve Him in a manner that is worthy of their positions of influence.
Why Pray For Our Communities?
Intercessory prayer has the power to change the place where you live. It is time that we took back our communities for the sake of God’s Kingdom and covered them with our humble petitions. Pray for your own city or town, asking God to bless your efforts to reclaim your neighborhood in His name.